Here is a plate of Chicken Biryani for you —
Biryani is a rice-based dish made with spices, mainly basmati rice and mixed with chicken , mutton, paneer etc.
Biryani is believed to have been invented from the kitchen of the Mughal emperors.
It is a very popular in Indian Sub continent.
Star Ingredient :
Basmati Rice —
(Serves 5- 6 people)—-
Main Ingredients :
- Medium pieces chicken (with bone) —— 800 gm
- Basmati Rice ——— Medium 4 cups
- Sliced Onion —– 5 large one
- Potato cut into 4 medium pieces—– 3
- Dahi – ½ cup
- Onion , ginger , garlic paste —– 10 teaspoon
- Khuskhus paste —- 4 teaspoon
- Kaju paste —– 4 teaspoon
- Pudina and green chilli paste —– 4 teaspoon
- Ghee — 10 teaspoon
- Oil —- half a cup
- Whole garam masala (clove, elaichi, and dalchini)—- 5 to 6 pieces each
- Saffron – few strands dissolved in warm milk
- Kaju tukda (fried)—- 10 to 15 pieces.
- Everest chicken biryani masala 5 to 6 teaspoon
Marinate the chicken pieces overnight with curd , onion,ginger,garlic paste, khuskhus , kaju paste, pudina and green chilli paste , some salt and oil .
Put some oil in a kadhai with some whole garam masala . heat the oil , then put in the marinated chicken into the kadhai. Cook in slow heat till oil separetes and the chicken gets cooked( it will take more or less half and hour to 45 min cook).
Meanwhile fry the potatoes( till it is well cooked) and onions in oil in another wok. After frying keep it aside.
Mix saffron in warm milk in a small bowl.
Cook the rice till al dante in a water mixture with garam masala and 2 teaspoon of ghee. Drain the rice and keep it in a separate bowl.
Take a big dekchi . Put some ghee into it. Then put some of the potatoes and chicken pieces. On top of it put a layer of rice .Sprinkle some fried onion, pudina,fried kaju , salt, saffron mixture and biryani masala.
Repeat this procedure couple of times. Ensure that the last layer on top should be that of rice. Sprinkle few drops of kewra water on top of the last rice layer. Cover the top with a lid and seal from the sides with atta dough.
Put the whole layered biryani now on dum on slow heat for 15 to 20 m.
After it is done transfer it to serving bowl and garnish it with fried kaju, fried onions and some pudina leaves.
Voila your sumptuous homemade biryani is ready to savour.